Bullard Law invites you and your colleagues to join us for our virtual 2021 Public Sector Symposium. Presentations include:
- COVID and Safe In-Person Public Workplaces: This session will discuss applicable federal guidance and state laws and rules for managing workplaces during COVID-19, including the new OR-OSHA permanent rules, with a special discussion for public workplaces where members of the general public come for services.
- Keeping Up with Employee Benefits: Assessing Employee Needs and Legal Requirements in the Pandemic Era: This presentation will provide an overview of legal developments impacting retirement and health and welfare plans sponsored by public sector employers. We will discuss the optional and mandatory changes to retirement, group health, cafeteria plan, and fringe benefits, as well as new temporary changes impacting COBRA benefits.
- Due Process and Public Employees: This presentation will be a reminder of the additional due process requirements public employers need to follow when working through the investigation and discipline process with employees, including Garrity warnings and name clearing hearings.
- Red is for Record? Considerations in Recording Employees in the Workplace: This presentation will review the legal and practical considerations of recording employees in the workplace especially in light of the increased use of remote technologies.
- 2021 Mid-Year Labor Law Update: This presentation will focus on recent changes and updates in public sector labor law as the 2021 Oregon Legislative Session winds down and the Biden Administration reaches the six-month mark. This includes coverage of recent labor decisions at both the state and federal level, as well as changes to state and federal labor law and administrative rules. In addition, we will discuss changes in labor law that public employers can expect in the upcoming months.
: Heather Van Meter
, Naomi Johnson
, Kara Backus
, Liani Reeves
, Jess Osborne
, and John Stellwagen
Who Should Attend
: Clients and friends of the firm, including executives, managers, in-house counsel, and human resources professionals in the public sector