**In-person registrations have closed. Webinar registrations remain open**
We invite you to our first ever hybrid Annual Briefing. Attendees will have the option to join us in person or virtually. This year our topics are as follows:
Presenters: Heather Van Meter
- Laying Down the Law with Marc & Dennis: A one-of-a-kind storytelling experience! In this presentation, attendees will be taken through several real-life scenarios and learn to spot potential legal issues, evaluate legal risks, and reach practical solutions.
- 2022 and Beyond – What This Benefit Attorney Expects from Recent Legislative Changes: As the year draws to a close and employers prepare for 2023, we will take a look back at some of the more significant developments in employee benefits law in 2022 and look ahead to how these developments will impact benefit and retirement plan administration, compliance, and design in 2023 and beyond.
- Managing Employee Sick Leave in Oregon and Washington, Paid and Unpaid: This session covers Washington’s and Oregon’s Paid Sick Leave Laws as well as the intersection with FMLA and state law counterparts. In this session, attendees will learn about Oregon’s new paid sick leave law requirements (beginning 2023), Washington’s current paid sick leave law, how Oregon’s and Washington’s laws differ, and how these state paid sick leave laws intersect with FMLA and other state medical/family leave laws.
- From Public Prayer to Arbitration Agreements – News from the Courts: An overview of significant labor and employment law decisions from the courts, what's trending in employment litigation, and what's on the horizon.
- Communicating with Unions in an Age of Unrest: In recent years, labor relations have become more and more contentious and critical to the success of your business or organization. This presentation will focus on providing labor relations, human resources, and management teams with a better understanding of the legal framework necessary to communicate with bargaining units and their members more effectively, in both the public and private sector, while avoiding unfair labor practice complaints and grievances.
, Marc Alifanz
, Dennis Westlind
, Liani Reeves
, John Stellwagen
, and Christine Zinter
Offered as a webinar & in person at The Oregon Convention Center
Attendance, continental breakfast, and parking are all complimentary.
Who Should Attend:
Clients and friends of the firm, including executives, managers, in-house counsel, and human resources professionals.