Bullard Law Receives Sustainability at Work Gold Certification Through 2022
May 21, 2019
Portland, OR – Bullard Law is delighted to announce that it has received Sustainability at Work’s Gold Certification for the next 4 years, 2019 through 2022. This will be the third consecutive occurrence the firm has received Gold Certification, having achieved the certification since 2012.
Sustainability at Work was formed in 2007 as part of a City of Portland initiative to help businesses improve their environmental practices. Through the information gathered from national and local research, input from Portland businesses, and expertise from local partners, program participants are provided with tools and expertise to further their sustainable initiatives. As a result of Sustainability at Work’s efforts, thousands of Portland businesses have been able to improve their sustainable practices within the workplace.
Sustainability at Work offers three levels of certification to recognize businesses’ positive impacts on the environment and community. In order to receive Gold Certification within an office environment, a business must practice 45 of the 70 sustainable actions listed under the submission categories of information education, materials and waste, energy, transportation and water.
Being one of Bullard Law’s core values, sustainability is practiced daily throughout the firm. A few of the firm’s sustainable initiatives include:
- Employees receive transportation benefits for walking, biking or utilizing public transportation.
- Durable dishware and flatware are used for lunches and events, and are also available to employees for daily use.
- Filtered tap water is provided.
- Office lighting is motion sensitive. Main hallways and general areas are on timers for the weekend.
- The firm offers recycling beyond the standard (paper, metal, plastic and glass) to include toner cartridges, cork, batteries, plastic bags and other non-curbside plastics.
- Compost receptacles are provided in eating areas.
- Bullard Law is located in a LEED-Platinum certified building.
- The firm is highly committed to nonprofit work and the community.
Bullard Law is honored to be recognized for its green practices through Sustainability at Work’s Gold Certification and continues to aspire to improve its efforts towards sustainability.
About Bullard Law. Bullard Law is a boutique employment law firm partnering with employers in Oregon and throughout the Pacific Northwest. The firm specializes in labor relations and collective bargaining, employment litigation and preventative advice, and employee benefits. Bullard attorneys work with private, public and non-profit companies to proactively manage their workplaces. Contact Chrissa Kruger at 503-248-1134 or email@example.com for more
Content ©2019, Bullard Law. All Rights Reserved.