Ben O’Glasser is equally satisfied when he wins at trial as when he helps a client avoid a problem in the first place. He is an experienced litigator with substantial trial experience. He began his career as a prosecutor where he tried over 30 cases to jury. Before he was a lawyer he held a wide variety of jobs and understands the realities of managing a workplace. Today he uses that experience to help our clients avoid and defend lawsuits.
As a prosecutor, Ben learned how to analyze and present the facts of each case, and saw first-hand how cases can dramatically change when you ask the right questions. The experience he gained has proven valuable to our clients. Before joining Bullard, Ben worked at a large national firm where he developed a general civil litigation practice, with a particular focus in the areas of legal ethics, professional responsibility, and risk management.
Today at Bullard, Ben advises public and private sector clients in employment and labor matters, including federal and state employment litigation. Ben’s work includes advice and litigation relating to wrongful termination, alleged sexual harassment, and disability accommodation and discrimination as well as labor contract interpretation and administration.
If he hadn’t become a lawyer, Ben might have become a high school civics teacher. From 2007-2014 he was one of the coaches of Lincoln High School’s Constitution Team. The team is annually one of the best in Oregon and won national championships in 2012 and 2014. Now, Ben has turned his attention to volunteering at his children’s school and other area non-profits. Ben is active in the Owen Panner Inn of Court and currently serves as its Membership Chair. In his remaining spare time, Ben and his wife love to seek out the best places in the Northwest to hike, bike, and run.
- Equal Pay Act Action by SCOTUS - Bullard Alert, February 2019
- Oregon's Bureau of Labor and Industries Publishes Final rules in Advance of the Oregon Equal Pay Act's January 1, 2019 Effective Date - Bullard Alert, December 2018
- BOLI Issues Final Administrative Rules on Predictive Scheduling - Bullard Alert, June 2018
- Ninth Circuit: salary history is no longer a valid defense to Equal Pay Act claims - Bullard Alert, April 2018
- New Timeframes for Responding to Public Records Requests - Bullard Alert, December 2017
- Governor Signs Oregon's "Predictive Scheduling" Law - Bullard Alert, August 2017
- Oregon Legislature Considers “Predictive Scheduling” Law - Bullard Alert, February 2017 and SHRM, March, 2017
- The Hiring Process: New Restrictions in Oregon - Oregon Business Magazine, September 2016
- Portland Ban the Box Ordinance Goes Into Effect July 1, 2016 - Bullard Alert, June 2016
- Ninth Circuit Allows Tip Pooling Rules to Extend to All Employers - Bullard Alert, March 2016
- Portland to Implement Ban the Box - Bullard Alert, December 2015
- That’s A Wrap - Key Employment Bills Passed During Oregon’s 2015 Legislative Session - Bullard Alert, July 2015
- Conflicting Performance Evaluations Can Interfere with Performance-Based Terminations - Society for Human Resource Management, July 2014
- Supreme Court Holds that First Amendment Free Speech Rights Apply to a Public Employee Who Provides Sworn Testimony Outside the Scope of His/Her Job - Bullard Alert, June 2014
- ALJ Finds Oregon Public Employer Violated Veterans' Preference Law by Failing to Grant a Preference to a Covered Veteran at Every Stage of the Hiring Process - Bullard Alert, April 2014
- Illinois Federal Criminal Practice Supplement (Warrants and Motions to Suppress), 2014 Supplement
- Constitutional, Political, and Philosophical Struggle: Measure 37 and the Oregon Urban Growth Boundary Controversy, 9 U. Pa. J. Const. L. 595 (2007)
- And Justice for All: Money, Bail and Jail in Oregon - Classroom Law Project, November 2017
- Employment Law for Small Businesses - Portland Business Alliance Small Business Council Meeting, September 2017
- Predictive Scheduling and Changes in Overtime for Factories, Mills, and Manufacturing Establishments: What Does it Mean for You? - Bullard Workshop, April and September 2017
- Employment Law 101: Covering the Basics for Small Businesses and Employers in Emerging Industries - Bullard Workshop, February 2017
- New Oregon Employment Laws for 2016 + Portland’s Ban the Box Ordinance - Oregon and Southwest Washington Industry Liaison Group, December 2015
- Ethical Considerations for Land Use Lawyers - The Seminar Group, December 2013
- Ethics - Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, December 2013
- Ethical Considerations - The Seminar Group’s 18 Annual Oregon Construction Law Seminar, September 2013