Honors & Awards
Dennis Westlind is a native of the Pacific Northwest – born in Washington and raised in Oregon. After a few educational sojourns in Europe and the Midwest, Dennis returned to practice law in Portland in 2000. Since that time he has specialized exclusively in labor and employment law.
Dennis is the Managing Partner at Bullard Law. His practice focuses on representing employers in collective bargaining, cases before the National Labor Relations Board, labor arbitrations, union election campaigns, and strikes. Dennis also has extensive experience in employment litigation and trial work, successfully representing employers in wrongful discharge, harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wage and hour matters. He is a sought-after speaker in Oregon and nationally.
Prior to joining Bullard, Dennis spent seven years as Senior Labor and Employment Counsel for Providence St. Joseph Health. At Providence he negotiated over 50 separate collective bargaining agreements, provided advice and counsel to clients in seven western states, and oversaw employment litigation on a wide variety of topics. In returning to private practice, Dennis uses his own experience as a client to provide pragmatic and practical advice and efficient representation to employers. Dennis began his legal career at the Portland firm of Tonkon Torp before (quite literally) crossing the street to join Stoel Rives, where he was named a partner.
Outside of work, Dennis enjoys hiking and bicycling. He is a voracious reader, collects vinyl records, and considers himself a musician.
- NLRD Gives Employers Greater Leeway to Discipline Employee for Offensive Speech -Bullard Alert, July 2020
- NLRB Allows Employers to Discipline New Union Members - Bullard Alert, June 2020
- To Bargain or Not to Bargain: Employer’s Duty to Bargain During the COVID-19 Crisis - Bullard Alert, April 2020
- 2020 Public Sector Symposium - Bullard Webinar, July 2020
- Managing the Teleworking Employee - Bullard Webinar, May 2020
- Labor Law Update - Bullard Law Annual Briefing, October 2019
- Facilitating Provider Professionalism: How Human Resources Can Break the Cycle of Disruptive Provider Behavior - ASHHRA 55th Annual Conference & Exposition, September 2019
- ADA Reasonable Accommodation Master Class - Bullard Law, June 2019
- Managing Attendance, Intermittent Leave and Other Leaves of Absence - Xenium HR, June 2019
- Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Ethics - Pacific Northwest Enterprise Risk Forum, November 2018
- Non-Hostile Networking in a Sometimes Hostile HR World - PHRMA, October 2018
- Navigating Sexual Harassment in Your River Program - River Management Society Symposium, October 2018
- Labor Law Update - Bullard Law Annual Briefing, October 2018
- Hostility, Hostile Work Environment and Harassment - NWEEO, July 2018
- Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation - Douglas County SHRM Group, June 2018
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission/Bureau of Labor and Industries Administrative Process - How to be Creative and Use It to Your Advantage - Oregon State Bar L&E Section, April 2018
- National Labor Relations Board Update - Bullard Law Workshop, February 2018