Jason is an employee benefits attorney working exclusively for employers and benefits consultants. He has spent over a decade simplifying and explaining the tax code and other complex retirement plan law.
Jason works closely with clients to design new and restated plan documents, amendments and ancillary documents for both tax-qualified retirement (401(k), profit sharing, pension, cash balance) and non-qualified (executive compensation) plans. He also advises on fiduciary obligations to retirement plans and monitors new legislation and regulatory guidance from the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor to help clients avoid violations of the tax code and ERISA. When a violation occurs, Jason counsels clients on the practical and legal options available, with the goal of keeping client costs to a minimum while protecting plan assets.
Jason currently serves as a board member on the Western Pension and Benefits Council. Outside of work and volunteering, he enjoys snowboarding, drinking local IPAs, camping and spending time with his daughter. He recently began taking drum lessons and would like to learn to fly fish.
- Family Savings Act Includes Many Positive Changes for Retirement Plans - Bullard Alert, January 2019
- Minimum Wage Update - Bullard Alert, December 2018
- SB 1566: Reducing Oregon PERS Liabilities with the Employer Incentive Fund - Bullard Alert, April 2018
- Proposed Regulations Intended to Reduce Employer Healthcare Costs - Bullard Alert, April 2018
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act Impacts Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation - Bullard Alert, February 2018
PERS Update: Senate Bill 1566 and Other Potential Changes - Bullard Public Sector Symposium, May 2018