Kalia concentrates her practice on employment litigation and counseling. She has experience in a broad range of employment matters, including discrimination and harassment claims, protected leaves of absence, and wage and hour violations. Kalia has also defended employers in connection with charges filed with the Bureau of Labor and Industries and the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission.
Prior to law school, Kalia worked as a financial analyst at JPMorgan Chase in New York.
- Washington Planning to Increase Exempt Status Salary and Revise Other White Collar Exemptions - Bullard Alert, February 2019
- Ninth Circuit: salary history is no longer a valid defense to Equal Pay Act claims - Bullard Alert, April 2018
- Internal Investigations in the #MeToo Movement: Assessing the Risks and Rewards - Multnomah Bar Association CLE, January 2019
- When is a Public Employee's Speech Protected? - Bullard Public Sector Symposium, May 2018
- Sexual Harassment Investigations Training - Bullard Law, April 2018
- Best Practices for Handling Complex Workplace Investigations - The Washington County Chapter of the Oregon Employer Council, April 2018
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination: Higher Education Recruitment Consortium Winter Meeting, January 2018