Focusing on litigation, Maryann Yelnosky has spent much of the last 30 plus years representing Northwest employers. Maryann also practiced medical malpractice defense for seven years and she continues to have a special interest in working on employment issues for health care providers. Maryann works collaboratively with her clients to prevent and address employment related challenges and she enjoys working with clients to train their leaders and staff on employment related topics.
A strong advocate who works in a fair and reasonable manner to resolve cases, Maryann will take a case to trial when that is the best option for her client. She effectively presents her client's position to mediators, judges, and juries and works hard to ensure the best outcome regardless of the forum.
In 2011, Maryann was recognized by the law school at Lewis & Clark with the Joyce Harpole Award for her ability to balance the pursuit of justice while volunteering in the community and spending time with her family. A passionate believer in the importance of education, Maryann has been an adjunct professor at the University of Oregon School of Law where she also serves on the Dean's Advisory Committee. She has served as a Mock Trial Coach with the Classroom Law Project and was a public member of the Board of Psychologist Examiners. Maryann is currently serving on the Court Liaison Committee for the Multnomah Bar Association.
Maryann enjoys spending time traveling to visit with her family and biking and hiking in the Pacific Northwest.
- Documents and Electronic Data - Essential to the Defense of Employment Claims – Oregon Business Magazine, September 2006
- Case Law Update – Bullard Annual Labor and Employment Law Briefing,
- Case Law Update – Bullard Annual Labor and Employment Law Briefing, October 2014
- What's In Your Time Records? – Bullard Wage and Hour Workshop, August 2014
- Best Practices Based on Recent Court Decisions – Bullard Annual Labor and Employment Law Briefing, October 2013
- Case Law Updates and Tips for Litigation in a Healthcare Setting – Oregon Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administration, March 2013
- Contact with Represented and Unrepresented Persons: Current Employees, Former Employees and Investigations – Oregon Law Institute Annual Employment Law Update, June 2012
- Documenting Employee Performance – Bureau of Labor and Industries Annual Employment Law Conference, December 2011
- Privacy in the Medical Workplace-Webinar – Oregon Medical Association, November 2011
- Separation Agreements: "When Do They Fit and What Should They Say?" – Bullard Roundtables, March and April 2011
- Privacy Issues and Employee Monitoring – Bureau of Labor and Industries Annual Employment Law Conference, December 2010
- Privacy in the Workplace: When Does Good Information Become too Much Information? – Bullard Annual Labor and Employment Law Briefing, October 2010
- Labor and Employment Hot Topics: Labor Issues in Acute Care Hospitals – Oregon Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration Roundtable, April 2010
- Privacy in the Workplace – Bullard Roundtables, March 2010
- Privacy Issues in the Workplace: New Expectations and Obligations – Bureau of Labor and Industries Annual Employment Law Conference, December 2009
- Legal Update: What Recent Cases Mean for Your Workplace – Bullard Annual Labor and Employment Law Briefing, October 2008
- Legal Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon: Medical Educational Services Inc. – Professional Development Network, September 2008
- References and Negligent Hiring _ Medical Educational Services Inc. – Professional Development Network, December 2007
- Litigation – Bullard Labor and Employment Law Annual Briefing, October 2007
- E-Discovery – Multnomah Bar Association, June 2007
- From Absences to Wi-Fi: What Recent Cases are Telling the HR Professional – Bullard Workshop, June 2007
- Managing the Risks of Employees & Technology – The Seminar Group, October 2006
- The First Sixty Days of a Lawsuit: Practical and Strategic Actions to Help You Build Your Defense – Bullard Workshop, August 2006
- Obtaining Job References – Bureau of Labor and Industries Annual Conference, December 2005